Design and implement computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks. Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning. May also design network and computer security measures. May research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
Solutions Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our team.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams;
- Structured experimentation in order to onboard new technology;
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs;
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it;
- Resolving technical problems as they arise;
- Lead and facilitate Hackathons;
- Serve as knowledge sharing and problem-solving mentor for software engineers;
- Serve as Technical Expert contributing to proposal writing and project bidding;
- Architecting of systemic/technical solution for each Business requirement (in conjunction with the impacted systems/teams as well as Business);
- Assist with support queries/task during a quarter on projects not currently under development;
- Manage the technical aspect in Proof-of-Concept product demos and presentations;
- Application and database design and development;
- Be responsible for developing and contributing to architecture principles for downstream consumption;
- Report Business Activities;
- Track the progress of development/implementation across the impacted systems and feedback to Product Owners.
- Advanced knowledge of Messaging (MQ, GE, JMS) concepts;
- Advanced comprehension skills;
- Good Project Management skills;
- Ability to work in and with teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Advanced knowledge in basic networking architectures and implementations both on cloud and on premise;
- Required skill(s): JAVA, J2EE and MySQL, Spring, PrimeFaces;
- Advanced knowledge of creation and implementation of design patterns;
- Huawei BSS experience a plus;
- Knowledge of Frontend Web Technologies (e.g. React, Angular, etc.);
- Expert-level experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and visualization tools (Visio);
- Experience in building Big Data visualisation application and dashboard;
- OO Analysis design and programming techniques;
- Posses a valid driving license and own transport;
- Follow through to completion of tasks in a timely manner with quality in mind;
- Strong self-development and self-discipline attributes.