Production Assistant is responsible for ensuring the production quality of all promotionals, commercials, and public service announcements. Coordinates and schedules all aspects of production to meet deadlines. Being a Production Assistant assists with set-up of equipment on production shoots and other control room duties. May operate equipment and peripheral systems used in video production including audio console and teleprompter. Additionally, Production Assistant may require an associate degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Production Assistant works under moderate supervision. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. To be a Production Assistant typically requires 1-3 years of related experience, or may need 0 years of experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Production Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Assistant to join our team.
- Acts as custodian of all equipment used in the production and secures necessary permits;
- Housekeeping and sanitation;
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment;
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops;
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- With at least 6 months to 1 year previous work related experience required;
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule;
- Ability to prioritize and organize work;
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment;
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, journalism, advertising, marketing or other relevant field or equivalent education and experience.